So much has been going on behind the scenes here at the Library! In addition to doing the work to mitigate the spread of Covid-19, our renovation project has continued. Here is the latest news.
- The interior renovation was slowed due to Covid-19 shutdowns, but it never stopped. It is nearly complete! New furniture is slated to arrive on June 22 and because it takes about a week to get all the furniture put together and in the right spot, we will not be re-opening for browsing until that is complete. We will put out more information on what that re-opening looks like next week.
- To make room for the new furniture (all of which is bleach cleanable), we will be having an online auction of existing library furniture June 12-20. Check out the Wainscott Auction website to bid.
- We continue to offer programs on a limited basis. You can find the Harry Potter Kahoot trivia quiz this week. Join our virtual walking club. Storytime will continue on Facebook for the summer. We plan to offer some in person programming in July, limiting the size of the groups, so that social distancing can be maintained. Because the situation continues to be so fluid, check our library calendar of events regularly to see what’s going on.
- You can use our website or give us a call if you’d like to pick up books, movies, CDs on the porch. Give us a call and make an appointment if you’d like to make copies, fax, use a laptop, or if you need a notary.
- You’ve probably noticed a lot of work on outside of the Library, as well. The new roof is complete and our roofing issues have been resolved! Work has begun to make a circle drive at the front of the building and to add additional handicapped parking and an accessible entrance at the back of the building. Coming soon is a reading garden and a children’s outdoor classroom.
We are so excited about the changes happening around here. We appreciate your patience as we prepare to re-open.