1st Time Library Card Registration
Residents of Olive Township
- Any resident of the Town of New Carlisle or Olive Township is eligible to receive a free library card.
- Adults, age 18 and over, need to provide photo ID and proof of address.
- Photo ID must be a State issued ID with current address, Passport, Military ID, School ID, or Consular ID.
- Acceptable proof of address is property rental lease, mortgage statement, utility bill, bank statement,
checkbook, credit card bill, or car registration.
- Minors, age 17 or younger, require a parent signature on the library card application.
- Persons from other library districts may receive a NCPL card if their home library participates in the
Statewide reciprocal agreement and their account is in good standing with their home library.
- Patrons in good standing at La Porte County Public Library, Michigan City Public Library, Mishawaka-Penn Public
Library, and St. Joseph County Public Library may also receive a reciprocal library card.
- Teachers at Olive Elementary qualify for a Reciprocal card, regardless of home address.
- Residents living in a Library district that does not participate in a reciprocal agreement with NCPL may
purchase a PLAC card at a fee set by the State of Indiana.
- Residents residing in an unserved district will be charged a yearly fee of $199.99 to check out materials
belonging to this Library. After having paid the fee, patrons may use the resources of the NCPL to its
fullest degree, excluding Interlibrary Loan.
- Library cards are valid for 2 years. Library cards not used for 2 years that have no fines or fees will be
purged from the system. Cards may be renewed in person or over the phone.