Sadly, Carlisle passed away yesterday. She brought so much happiness to many of our patrons and staff. She will be missed.
June 22, 2020
June 22, 2020
It’s time for another TREASURE HUNT! There will be a treasure hidden somewhere in New Carlisle today. Here is the first clue. A new clue will be posted every hour until the treasure is found. Today’s treasure is a game pack. It includes Crocodile Dentist, Avocado Smash, and Let’s Go Fishin’. Happy Hunting!
June 17, 2020
So much has been going on behind the scenes here at the Library! In addition to doing the work to mitigate the spread of Covid-19, our renovation project has continued. Here is the latest news.
- The interior renovation was slowed due to Covid-19 shutdowns, but it never stopped. It is nearly complete! New furniture is slated to arrive on June 22 and because it takes about a week to get all the furniture put together and in the right spot, we will not be re-opening for browsing until that is complete. We will put out more information on what that re-opening looks like next week.
- To make room for the new furniture (all of which is bleach cleanable), we will be having an online auction of existing library furniture June 12-20. Check out the Wainscott Auction website to bid.
- We continue to offer programs on a limited basis. You can find the Harry Potter Kahoot trivia quiz this week. Join our virtual walking club. Storytime will continue on Facebook for the summer. We plan to offer some in person programming in July, limiting the size of the groups, so that social distancing can be maintained. Because the situation continues to be so fluid, check our library calendar of events regularly to see what’s going on.
- You can use our website or give us a call if you’d like to pick up books, movies, CDs on the porch. Give us a call and make an appointment if you’d like to make copies, fax, use a laptop, or if you need a notary.
- You’ve probably noticed a lot of work on outside of the Library, as well. The new roof is complete and our roofing issues have been resolved! Work has begun to make a circle drive at the front of the building and to add additional handicapped parking and an accessible entrance at the back of the building. Coming soon is a reading garden and a children’s outdoor classroom.
We are so excited about the changes happening around here. We appreciate your patience as we prepare to re-open.
Monday – Thursday 9:00 am – 7:30 pm
Friday – Saturday 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
PICK UP MATERIALS
- Place requests 3 ways: Place holds in the catalog, Call 574.654.3046, or E-mail email@example.com
- Requests are limited to 15 items per pick-up.
- Wait for a notification that your items are ready.
- Drive to the library
- Text 574.281.6008 or call 574.654.3046 and tell us you have arrived.
- Library staff will place your items in the designated bin on the porch.
- Return your materials in the bookdrop. All returns will sit for 24 hours before being checked-in.
NEW SERVICES ADDED
Appointments for Fax, Copy, Notary, and Laptops
- Call 574.654.3046 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment time.
- Come to the library at your appointed time and call or text us that you have arrived.
- Wear a mask for your appointment.
- Laptops will be checked-out to you for use on the porch. You must have a valid library card and be 18 years or older. You may use the laptop for up to an hour. If you print any documents, they will be ready for you when you return the laptop.
- If you have any tech questions call us.
- You can schedule up to a week in advance.
There will be a treasure hidden somewhere in New Carlisle.
The 1st clue will be posted on Facebook and this page at 10 a.m., Monday, June 1st. Each hour a new clue will be posted until the treasure is found.
This week’s treasure is a $25 gift card to Black Cat. Happy hunting!