What do you get for the person who has all the latest gadgets from video games to wearable tech? Here are 10 gift ideas for the ones you love who get excited about technology:
- Help that person who loses everything keep track of what’s important with a smart tracker like a Tile Mate or Apple AirTag.
- Whether you want them to stay in touch across a distance or help them start a vlog, a webcam like this Logitech camera could be exactly what they need.
- For the person who always has an audiobook queued or loves music, maybe some Bluetooth headphones, like these Sony earbuds or Apple Airpods, would put a smile on their face.
- For the health-conscious friend whose wrist is free, consider a Fitbit Inspire 3 or an Apple Watch.
- A smart speaker like an Amazon Echo Dot or Google Nest can give them the smart home they desire. Add in a smart switch like an iDevices switch or Kasa smart plugs, so they can tell their personal assistant to turn on the lights.
- For the person who wants to become a YouTuber, TikToker or Twitch streamer, a vlogging starter kit that includes a handheld tripod, ring lights, mics, and a collapsible green screen backdrop can help them get started.
- Give them a gift that brightens up dimmer spaces, like a motion activated battery powered light.
- For the kid at heart, the Tello Quadcopter from DJI is a fun option.
- For the avid reader, a Kindle Fire or Kindle Paperwhite makes it easy to read comfortably, and they can borrow eBooks from the Library to read on their device.
- For older kids, Thames & Kosmos has a selection of exciting robotic toys, like their Smart Machines Sidekick, and for younger kids, check out Geomag’s magnetic building toys, like their Magicube sets.
Remember that the Library also has a selection of things and kits to try before you buy! Our Library of Things includes various kitchen appliances, devices like a mobile hotspot and a projector, and unique board and card games like Azul, Villainous, Anomia, and Ticket to Ride. Our selection of STEM kits includes coding toys, robots like the Sphero Mini and Specdrums, and math manipulatives to help children build math skills while they play.